Call for Papers: International Perspectives of Research in Arts Education– Second Workshop of the Federal Ministry of Education and Research
Date: September 16th - 17th, 2014 Place: Düsseldorf
In 2013 the Federal Ministry of Education and Research of Germany initiated a series of workshops in order to foster international exchange in the field of research in arts education. In a first workshop, which took place in Bonn in November 2013, about 60 researchers from Germany and abroad shared their views on this wide and interdisciplinary field. Throughout the workshop the following issues were identified as overarching and important aspects of the international discourse on research in arts education:
- Theoretical and methodological considerations of research in arts education
- The discourse on impact and competencies in arts education research
- Country and culture specific discourses on arts education – comparative perspectives
For the upcoming workshop researchers are asked to contribute proposals that deal with a topic associated with the issues mentioned above. Applications are accepted by tandems of a senior researcher and a young academic with at least one abstract per couple. Submitted abstracts should answer the following questions and contain no more than 300 words:
1. Which question, problem, hypothesis or project related to research in arts education do you wish to discuss?
2. Which empirical data (quantitative/qualitative) or example/phenomenon do you want to use as illustration? (Equipment for the presentation of audio, video or photo examples will be provided).
3. Which setting would you suggest to deal with your contribution? (e.g. working group with short presentation(s) + discussant; working group with short presentation(s) + open discussion; moderated working group for joint analysis/comparison of data; poster etc.).
Deadline for proposals is April 15th, 2014. To apply, please use the following procedure:
1. Register both partners of your tandem under: secure.pt-dlr.de/pt-conference/conference/BMBF_IPRAEII
2. Afterwards you will get an e-mail with the access to an uploading tool where you can upload your abstract in pdf-format and – if required – further material.
Members of an international and interdisciplinary board will review the applications and advise on compiling the workshop program. Participants will be notified until
June 30th, 2014.
There is no registration fee. The Ministry of Education and Research will cover one night accommodation for all participants. Furthermore, to a limited extent travel expenditures of international participants can be covered as well. For further information regarding the workshop please contact the Projektträger im Deutschen Zentrum für Luft- und Raumfahrt e.V. (German Aerospace Center, Project Management Agency).
Mr. Dominic Larue
phone: +49 228 3821-1364